In recent times, the Internet has been a dangerous place to do business due to the presence of hacks, scams, malware and more. The proliferation of devices, from smartphones and tablets to Internet-connected appliances, has opened us up to even greater risks.
But the good news is that where there is risk, there can be safety way as well. By taking just a small handful of security measures we can greatly reduce our exposure to all these threats.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
1) Do not post any property which does not belong to you unless you have license (or contract agreement) to do so on behalf of another person (the owner).
2) Do not use wrong or fake information for registering on Waccomm Resource since it will amount to breach of contract. Be genuine with your address, email address or mobile number.
3) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself or your property. Once you have put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it is not just yours anymore.
4) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible. Link verifications of your private settings to reliable phone number or email address.
5) Create complex passwords and never give out your passwords to anyone.
6) Do not transact online business with people you do not know. If you have the slightest doubt, hold on with transactions until you find a reliable agent or speak to your resource administrator. Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
7) Be careful meeting space providers who are not accredited agents. Speak to an accredited agent or resource administrator. Otherwise meet space provider at a public place, check the space before you buy and pay only after getting the space.